Monday, June 23, 2008

No one mourns the wicked!

So I finally saw Wicked on Sun and I have to admit, I absolutely loved it!! I've always thought that the show is overrated. I still think it's a little overrated, but it's definitely worth seeing. I saw 1 stand-by and 3 understudies on Sun. Yeah...the leads for Elphaba, Glinda, Fiyero and Nessarose were all out! Everyone was very good though. Donna Vivino was Elphaba and she was fuckin phenomenal!! She sounded a lot like Idina. She's amazing. She sang the shit out of "The Wizard and I." I wish I could see it again. Of course "Defying Gravity" was one of the best songs. I was like a little kid watching them perform that song. I was just like "wow!" Donna gave me chills at the end when she sings "It's me!! so if you care to find me look to the western sky..." yeah you know the rest lol Anyway, that's all I'm gonna write because I'm tired. I had the busiest weekend...crazy. Here's a video of Kristin and Idina singing "Defying Gravity." Enjoy!

No comments: